College: Ras Al Khaimah Women's College
Higher Diploma in Financial Services and Banking 1996-2000.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Management 2000-2002.
Executive MBA in Business Administration Nov 2010- April 2012, Distinction with Honor (GPA 3.9).
-I was continuously promoted from CSO, Sr CSO, to Corporate Executive /Relationship Manager in HSBC bank from Sept 2000- June 2006 .
– July 2006 Held the position of Branch Manager of First Gulf Bank, RAK branch. I was the first RAK Local female who held such a position in the banking field in the RAK community at such a young age.
-Jan 2008 Promoted to Senior Branch Manager in First Gulf Bank, RAK branch.
-April 2008 Promoted to Assistant Vice President in First Gulf Bank, RAK branch.
-July 2010 Promoted to Vice President in First Gulf Bank, RAK branch.
-Selected as Board Member of RAK Chamber of Commerce in Feb 2013.
– Guest of Honor at Higher Colleges of Technology , Recognition of Achievement in 2004.
– 5 Star awards for achievements in First Gulf Bank.
– Performance recognition award in 2007 in FGB bank.
– Best FGB employee award in 2009 out of 2000 employees.
– Performance recognition award in 2009 in FGB bank.
– Appreciation award from Human Resources dept for hosting events in FGB.
Activities and Societies:
– Member of HCT PAC Advisory Committee .
– Member of Alumnae committee of RAK Woman’s College.
– One of the 7 Executive Members of First Club of First Gulf bank.
– Ambassador for 6 branches of Northern Emirates in First Gulf Bank.
– Being the Host for one of the events/award ceremony in FGB bank.
-Board Member of Ras Al Khaimah Chamber of Commerce.
Value added studying in the EMBA program:
The EMBA program has up-skilled me to take more challenging roles, manage my team and work in a professional manner in line with international practice. I learned how to think critically and strategically. I use the theories and put them into practice in dealing with subordinates or with tasks provided. Furthermore, I now gain more respect from management and colleagues as well as my employees, knowing that not all UAE nationals have the same degree in the organisation. The best advantage of this degree was the recent nomination for Board Member position in RAK Chamber of Commerce.
My future plans are as follow:
-Continue learning and education.
-Take more challenging roles and tasks.
-Take the advantage of the knowledge obtained during the studies and apply them in practice at work.
-Educate my children and ensure that they have a strong foundation.
-Be a part of the community and assist them.
Any words of Wisdom on how I got to where I am today:
-Choose the right profession.
-Prepare a long term plan for your career.
-Don’t stop learning and getting higher education.
-Be positive all the time.
-Don’t give up.
-Try to serve the community by volunteering.
-Build a good relationship with everyone (Employees, Top Management, Customers, Students…ect).
-Create a healthy and friendly environment for your employees to work.
-Keep in mind that things are difficult but not impossible.
-Take the initiative and be committed.